- Salary: Negotiable
- State: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 19103
Ballard Spahr, a multi-practice, national law firm, is seeking a web editor/communication specialist to support the firm website, social media posting, and other digital marketing efforts. The person in this role will oversee maintenance of the firm’s external websites, including drafting and updating content, keeping track of developments within the firm and revising the website accordingly, and posting new content to the site.
The ideal candidate blends technical skill with writing ability. Must be a careful, precision-oriented technician able to translate complex subject matter into compelling copy for a broad audience and employ Content Management Systems to post material to our website with speed and precision. A forward-thinking digital marketing leader, he or she will explore and recommend innovative approaches to promoting the firm online and possess the critical thinking skills and collaborative spirit to implement them successfully.
As the web editor/communication specialist, you will:
• Serve as a project manager for Ballardspahr.com, which includes receiving and handling multiple requests from across the firm to create or update online materials.
• Take a proactive ownership role of all website content, evaluating it regularly and site-wide to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and readability.
• Draft and edit website biographies, practice descriptions, and marketing collateral materials, including legal alerts, announcements, ads, and awards submissions.
• Serve as a gatekeeper for our website, ensuring that all content is well-written, accurate, up to date, aligned with branding guidelines, and optimized for search.
• Assist the Social Media Strategist with maintenance and management of the firm’s social media accounts, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. This includes working with lawyers and staff to create social media posts and ensuring the accurate delivery of messages to our social media platforms.
• Draft, edit, and assist in the timely production of announcements using the Vuture platform.
• Collaborate with colleagues across functional teams—working with Business Development to determine effective online positioning and partnering with Marketing Technology to implement data-supported strategies to improve and grow our digital presence.
The selected candidate must be detail-oriented, able to successfully manage multiple projects and daily deadlines, and have outstanding time management and organizational skills. Accuracy and problem-solving are essential. This position requires the ability to conceptualize, think critically, and translate ideas and requests into effective, creative digital marketing programs. Good interpersonal skills, a dedication to excellent client service, and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity are a must. The person in this position must be professional, courteous, and possess the flexibility to work effectively with a wide range of personalities and writing styles.
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ of marketing communications experience in a corporate setting, preferably a professional services firm. A background in print journalism is a plus. Demonstrated writing ability and a superior command of grammar, spelling, and usage. Familiarity with Chicago Manual and AP style and prior experience managing social media accounts in a professional setting. Current knowledge of web standards and best practices, trends, and usability is required, as is experience with Content Management Systems (SiteCore preferred). A familiarity with web analytics and traffic monitoring tools is a plus, as is experience creating and implementing web programs based on that data. Experience with audio, video, and developing multimedia features for web, desired.
Ballard Spahr is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and a generous paid time off program is offered. For immediate consideration, please visit https://ballardspahr.silkroad.com/epostings/ and apply online. All applications must be accompanied by salary requirements and writing samples.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.