- Contact email: email@example.com
- State: Florida
- Country: United States
We are one of the largest publishers for local – based media in the United States and seeking a market maker, a change agent and a team builder to lead our Florida property. Community is our definition as a brand and as an employer. From providing an unbiased perspective of news and information fueling residents with the information needed to make informed decisions about the happenings in their communities, to offering an extensive portfolio of business solutions to keep local businesses thriving and national brands connected, we have a clear mission – to enrich the communities we serve.
Using market intelligence data, media sector and market development knowledge of the local economy and community, this position sets the direction for an annual plan for the market. He/she will be responsible for setting market strategy, creating demand for and successfully positioning, building and driving audience development, digital and print solutions, live events and other value-added niche products to achieve consistent top line revenue targets. With a clear business plan with relevant audience focus, product portfolio mix, channel mix, in partnership with functional leadership, this position will lead the charge for action, innovation and adaptation. This leader will provide innovative recommendations on emerging product and service opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Business preferred or equivalent work experience in media-related operation management
• Five + years strong leadership experience as publisher or general manager
• Ten + plus years daily newspaper experience, including newsroom supervisory experience
• Experience in using content management systems and posting to multiple platforms with fair, balanced and accurate copy
• Increasing experience in all areas of newspaper management; Finance/ P&L statements, Multimedia Advertising, Circulation and Distribution, Newsroom and journalistic practices, Newspaper Production and Operations
• Created and led organization that embraces change and empowers innovation
Interested applicants, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org