- Contact Name: Barbara Brown
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 917-657-1533
CHIEF REVENUE OFFICER
Founded in 2007 and based in historic downtown Kalispell, the Flathead Beacon is an award-winning newspaper and digital news organization devoted to delivering thought-provoking journalism and commentary to Northwest Montana. Printed weekly and updated daily at flatheadbeacon.com, the Beacon encourages its readers to participate in discussions about their valley.
The Montana Newspaper Association has named the Flathead Beacon the state’s best large weekly six times since 2009 and the best website four times while also frequently recognizing the publication’s advertising and design excellence. The Columbia Journalism Review highlighted the newspaper and its tradition of excellence in a 2016 feature titled, “Why a Weekly Tabloid Owned by Maury Povich Might Have ‘The Best Newsroom in Montana.’” In 2014, Outside Magazine named the Flathead Beacon one of the “Best Places to Work” in the U.S.
As an active member of the community, the Flathead Beacon sponsors local events, supports numerous nonprofits through its foundation and leads a running club that hosts group runs and helps organize races.
Flathead Beacon Productions also publishes Flathead Living, an award-winning quarterly lifestyle magazine and website. In 2016, the local media company debuted Glacier Journal, an annual magazine and guidebook devoted to the Crown Jewel of the Continent.
The Flathead Beacon is looking for an innovative and experienced leader in sales and reader revenue development who has extensive and proven success to lead our business organization to the next level of performance. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and the energy and passion to develop, lead and execute The Flathead Beacon’s s revenue generation strategy. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will expand our traditional base of funding sources and take ownership of creating new and innovative revenue streams. The CRO will work as our lead sales strategist driving high performance and will be a vital member of the management team. Reporting to the Editor in Chief, it will be important for the CRO to have experience of revenue ownership with a successful track record of success and demonstrable evidence of business expansion experience and and the creation growth initiatives.
The core focus areas of this position are:
1. Lead, manage, train and develop specific sales strategy to revenue team.
2. Grow Flathead Beacon’s traditional funding base with emphasis on customer retention.
3. Expand membership program .
4. Develop additional creative revenue streams.
5. Build audience and outreach efforts.
6. Collaborate with Editorial, Marketing and Finance, to expand Flathead Beacon’s capacity in the areas of new product and marketing.
The CRO’s responsibilities under these focus areas include:
• Collaborating with Senior Management to develop and implement a multi-year revenue strategy that includes new growth of our traditional sales along with creative new revenue streams
• Developing and executing strategies and initiatives consistent with company goals to grow and maximize revenues
• Participating in management wide product development planning
• Providing strong leadership, vision and effective team management to achieve profitable and sustainable revenue growth
• Coach and develop team members to their highest potential on sales techniques and effective client/customer management
• Setting clear success metrics and holding team members accountable to achieving their goals
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a sales team in a local marketplace
• Visionary leader with team mentoring, training and management success
• Proven track record of successfully selling in true business development role to small-to-medium sized businesses
• Experience with developing and implementing team sales metric tracking system yielding sales reports, growth, retention and other critical data
• Success with developing and strategically executing a plan, identifying and prioritizing target verticals and key accounts throughout the local market
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Understanding of and experience with New Media and Newspapers a plus
• Confident proven leader with measured demeanor
• Collaborative team member with emphasis on mentoring, managing and providing voice to revenue team as member of Senior Management
• Keen strategic and new vision skills; high degree of emotional intelligence
• Strong attention to detail and keen organizational skills
• Success in developing and implementing new sales product offerings
• Comfortable and eager to represent the Flathead Beacon in different community efforts
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; exceptional professional experience will be considered in lieu.
• Seeking a dynamic, flexible, confident and motivated sales leader
• Enthusiastic about joining an independent media company strongly supported by its owner and building new revenue streams based on Flathead Beacon’s strong potential for new growth
• Must be a consummate team player, who is willing to work effectively, collaboratively and humbly in a small team setting where each position is essential to the success of the company
The Flathead Beacon offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary and commission.
The Flathead Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a positive and inclusive work environment for all employees.
The Flathead Beacon has retained the services of BSBSearch. Please email a cover letter and resume in confidence to: