- Company Website: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t3h8tt2c987vqwz3
Please note you must submit a cover letter to be considered for this position (details below).
UWorld is seeking a first-rate editor to join our growing editorial department and play a key role in editing the questions and detailed explanations written by our teams of professional educators and specialists. This is a great opportunity to impact our well-established test-prep products, namely college prep and MCAT, as well as to play a key role in helping us launch new products, namely AP, bar, CPA, and CFA.
- You are a detail-oriented grammar demon and proud of it.
- You have a laser-like focus for finding errors in densely written manuscripts written for specialized audiences, as well as an ability to identify and describe structural and logical gaps in content.
- You understand that collaboration is crucial to achieving shared goals and to accomplishing great things, but at the same time, you can work independently and under minimal supervision to drive results.
- You give constructive feedback and are a consummate diplomat when writing questions or comments for content developers. And you can accept feedback yourself and use it to grow.
- You excel while juggling multiple tasks, deadlines, and preferably fire torches.
- You read a lot, and when you’re done, you read some more. Your reading interests include pretty much everything—and nothing else.
About the Qualifications:
- Our editors, independently and collaboratively, edit test questions and explanations for test flaws and adherence to standard methodologies in college prep, AP, bar, MCAT, CPA, and CFA exams.
- With a mindset of quality excellence, our editors edit various materials for grammar, punctuation, clarity, and consistency of style.
- Our editors are strategic in providing clear, concise, and thorough feedback to content developers for substantive changes.
- Our editors adhere to best-in-class practices in establishing style and format guides for our test-prep products and other various projects.
- Our editors serve as subject-matter-experts in all things editing related and are responsible for giving the green light for content to go live.
About the role:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in linguistics, English, journalism, or a related field.
- Your experience includes at least three years editing published educational material with adherence to one or more detailed style guides.
- You have started to notice the editing mistakes in this job description and can confidently address a half-dozen or so in your cover letter.
About the Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer a competitive compensation package that’s contingent on experience.
- We advocate utilizing your paid time off that is allotted on a sliding scale according to hire date and work hours.
- We get excited about our generous paid holiday schedule, which includes the entire week of Christmas off.
- We have a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, life and disability.
- We offer a 401(k) plan with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment).
- We offer on-site group fitness classes and a relaxed work environment.
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t3h8tt2c987vqwz3