- State: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 81301
Ballantine Communications Inc., a full-service media company based in Durango, Co., which owns and operates award-winning print publications, innovative digital marketing agencies and video production. BCI, with 60 years of experience using media to inform and strengthen communities, is always looking for talented, driven and creative individuals to help continue our legacy business lines and help forge new exciting paths for the future.
BCI is looking for a Director of Sales. This position is a full time benefited position. As the key point person to advance best practices and drive overall audience development, this position is responsible for managing the multi-media sales staff, including hiring and developing a competent sales force. This manager will lead the staff to develop business opportunities from local advertisers. The sales manager must be a hands-on leader who will spend average of 80% of the time out in the market with the multi-media sales consultants and is willing and able to develop a deep network within the communities that we serve.
• Drive revenue.
• Recruit, interview and hire outside sales staff as needed
• Supervise and motivate sales representatives.
• Direct sales in order to achieve individual and team revenue goals for existing accounts and new accounts.
• Resolve conflicts of sales representatives and customers.
• Analyze sales activities and the growth of each account executive.
• Monitor existing selling opportunities and develop special selling opportunities.
• Prepare weekly reports for management.
• Assist with preparation of advertising rate cards.
• Train employees on advertising systems, advertising layout, customer service, sales techniques, advertising rates and company policies. Provide relevant team and individual training opportunities.
• Foster a positive sales environment for the staff and place an emphasis on customer service excellence.
• Conduct weekly sales staff meeting.
• Make public presentations when needed and community involvement.
• Other duties as so assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar degree or equivalent work experience in media-related operations.
• 5-10 years of proven sales management experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing assets, including newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services.
• Proficient knowledge of computers and familiarity of digital products/methods used by the sales team.
Position is subject to satisfactory completion of a background check and reference check. A valid driver’s license is also required for this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bending or crouching; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: This position will be required to travel often, to meet business needs.
Ballantine Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To view/apply for this position, please go to: https://ballantinecommunicationsinc.com/careers
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: E&P Classified Manager
- Member Since: September 18, 2014
Other items listed by E&P Classified Manager
- General Manager – Ledger Media Group
- Managing Editor
- Ad Sales
- Seeking A Career In Mergers & Acquisitions?
- Sales Director