- Contact Name: Amy Fuller
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Golf Association/Evans Scholars Foundation
Location: Glenview, IL
Type: Full-time position
This position helps oversee communications projects for the Evans Scholars Foundation and its related programs, including the Caddie Academy. The Communications Manager will primarily work on projects related to the scholarship program and fundraising, including creating, editing, updating and designing communications and collateral pieces; assisting with media outreach; writing news releases; overseeing the organization’s print projects and photo needs; supporting events; and working with Evans Scholars students on PR projects. He or she will assist with communications efforts during WGA tournaments as needed.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, a quick learner and a strong multi-tasker. The Communications Manager reports to the VP, Communications.
• Copy editing materials, including ESF publications, emails, letters and news releases.
• Writing and designing brochures, emails, newsletters, invitations, programs, forms and donation cards and other pieces to promote the Evans Scholarship, WGA programs or Caddie Academy.
• Create materials for use before, at, and after fundraising events.
• Update and circulate annual communications updates, including the Program Overview.
• Oversee and help lead the Evans Scholars who are elected Vice Presidents of Communications in sharing newsworthy items. Help lead seminars at Winter and Summer Outings.
• Work with tournament communications to oversee media credentialing.
• Make content updates to the organization’s websites, helping keep information current.
• Attend top Program events to assist with taking photos, creating and sharing slideshows and working on speeches and Run of Shows.
• Assist with departmental duties including overseeing print and scanning needs, uploading, organizing and editing photos, managing photo galleries, backing up photos on external hard drives, maintaining staff cameras.
• Other duties could include helping oversee summer intern. This position may include some travel.
Qualified candidates will have:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications or PR fields. Must have writing, editing and page layout skills at a minimum. Two to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience in editing for spelling, grammar and AP style.
• Photo and design skills. Ability to work with programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Movie Maker. Experience with websites, design, social media and photography preferred, as well as an interest in technology.
• Ability to work as a strong collaborator. Understand organization dynamics and the team approach, as well how the departments work separately and together. Able to manage cross-departmental projects.
• Project management and implementation skills. Have an ability to develop project plans, work with vendors and coordinate schedules to ensure completion. High attention to detail and fact-checking ability a must.
• Self-motivated, positive personality. Ability to initiate and complete projects independently and prioritize work appropriately. Must possess a positive and service-centered attitude.
• Ideal for someone who has a passion for and experience with education, golf and/or the Evans Scholars Program.
• Base salary (commensurate with experience)
• Excellent comprehensive insurance package and 403b retirement plan with competitive contribution.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Amy Fuller, VP of Communications, at: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: E&P Classified Manager
- Member Since: September 18, 2014
Other items listed by E&P Classified Manager
- Managing Editor
- Paid Content Sales
- Sell The World’s Funniest Comics
- Breaking News Reporter
- Editor for The Independent Newspaper