- Contact Name: Human Resources
- Contact email: Humanresources@theday.com
- State: Connecticut
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 06320
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Chief Financial Officer at The Day. The CFO is responsible for directing The Day’s financial functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and in accordance with financial management practices appropriate within the newspaper industry. Additionally, we are looking for a strategic, forward looking, dynamic professional to help lead the company in a rapidly changing industry.
1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance, including Accounting, Credit, Billing and Financial Reporting.
2. Direct, develop and forecast the company’s annual operating budget, as well as long term planning.
3. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, new product offerings, and new revenue sources.
4. Responsible for the production and monitoring of key performance indicators to be used in decision making
5. Provide timely and accurate analysis of budget performance, key financial metrics and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
6. Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
7. Responsible for monitoring cash flow and ensuring minimum cash thresholds to meet operating needs.
8. Serves as primary finance liaison with external auditors and actuaries.
9. Serve as treasurer of the Board of Trustees.
This position is responsible for the management of the managers & employees in the Finance and Accounting department.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
2. 10 to 15 years of related experience and a proven track record of advancement.
3. Newspaper/media experience a plus.
4. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains, Miles33 and Crystal Reports preferred.
5. Excel power user required.
The Day, serving New London County since 1881, has evolved into a modern media company. Aside from The Day, an award-winning Newspaper of the Year in New England, we publish weekly newspapers reaching every home from New Haven to Westerly; four tourism magazines; eastern Connecticut’s largest news website, theday.com; and operate D2 Media Solutions, a full-service advertising agency. We are an independent company with 200 employees across two offices.
The Day Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: E&P Classified Manager
- Member Since: September 18, 2014
Other items listed by E&P Classified Manager
- Ad Sales
- Sports Editor
- Chief Executive Officer
- Managing Editor
- Digital Associate Editor – US Catholic Magazine