Editorial Page Editor
About the Job
The Pueblo Chieftain’s Opinion Editor is retiring after 50 years. Our paper is conservative, family-owned and in Southern Colorado. We require an editor with a communications degree or similar field and five years experience. Send resume, salary history and compensation requirement to email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity employer.
POSITION: Editorial Page Editor
Produce daily editorials; edit syndicated columns, letters to the editor and design pages daily and Sunday
Editorial Research- Researches and coordinates content ideas with the publisher and Editorial board
Generates opinion ideas.
Provides editorial quality control
Other duties as assigned.
• Generate content ideas; researching and coordinating opinions stories; delegating and overseeing writing and editing assignments as needed
• Oversee scheduling, design daily editorial page as well as Sunday Ideas and Opinions section including page design, proofreading of Editorial Page and letter to the Editor.
• Coordinate freelance writers and syndicated columnists as required.
• Supervise part time researcher.
• Participate as member of editorial board; and perform other duties as assigned.
• Takes and responds to calls from public/readers.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, publishing, communications or related field
3 - 5 years experience in publishing with specific experience in Editorial writing, reporting, and editing.