Press Mechanical Tech III
About the Job
The PRESS MECHANICAL TECH has the primary responsibility ……
for performing preventative maintenance and repair for the Pressroom and associated equipment. Must be multi-skilled specializing in the mechanical aspects of maintenance and repair, but not be limited to those.
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed
• Cover production shift alone to support press operations
• Performs preventive maintenance on all production equipment
• Performs ink rail settings and adjustments
• Adjusts Reel Tension Panels (RTP)
• Operates and maintains gamma systems for presses
• Performs cylinder impressions on mono units.
• Performs cylinder impression settings for 3-color units
• Performs gear timing on all presses
• Perform complete rebuild of folder components (e.g. spider assembly)
• Requires the willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime that may include nights, weekends and holidays so that staffing remains at a constant and necessary level
• Computer literate with use of standard programs (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Requires a minimum of twenty (20) years work experience in printing operations
The Austin American-Statesman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace.