Cal State Fullerton
California - Fullerton
Ad Posted On:
Wednesday, March 06, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Lecturer/Student Media Adviser
About the Job
California State University, Fullerton
Department of Communications, Journalism Concentration
Full-Time Lecturer/Student Media Adviser
The Department of Communications is looking for a dynamic professional to serve as student media adviser and teach in our Journalism Concentration. The successful candidate will be a distinguished journalist with strong mentoring and coaching abilities to lead a digital and print news organization of more 25 student editors and 40 staff writers. Our new colleague’s primary responsibility will be to serve as faculty adviser of the award-winning The Daily Titan and teach the concentration’s capstone class, comprising of Daily Titan staffers, that emphasizes convergence of print, broadcast and digital reporting.
• Masters degree in journalism/communications.
• At least five years professional experience as a reporter, editor or producer for a print, online or broadcast news organization.
• Experience in multimedia journalism.
• Ability to interact effectively with a culturally diverse group of students and faculty.
• Documented teaching experience and success, including student coaching and mentoring.
• Professional experience in digital and online journalism, including multimedia and video storytelling on mobile, tablet and desktop platforms.
• Familiarity with and ability to teach multimedia and web software, social media and interactive databases.
• Ability to take a leading role in further curricular reform in journalism.
• Ability to teach a variety of journalism courses.
Review of applications will begin April 8, 2013. This is a non tenure-track, contract Lecturer position, renewable annually based on satisfactory performance and funds availability. For consideration, send a letter of application, a resume or curriculum vita, three letters of reference, and a portfolio of work, preferably with print, video, and online publications, to: Dr. Jason M. Shepard, Search Committee Chair, Department of Communications, CP-400, California State University, Fullerton, 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92831-3599. For inquiries, e-mail Dr. Shepard at email@example.com.
California State University, Fullerton is a large, comprehensive, urban university with approximately 1,835 full- and part-time faculty and a diverse student body of approximately over 37,677 enrolled in Fall 2012. For more information about the job and CSUF, see CSUF’s faculty search website at see http://diversity.fullerton.edu/Jobs/.
NOTE - Please see Ad Description for special instructions on how to apply.