American Independent News Network
District of Columbia - Washington
Ad Posted On:
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
About the Job
The American Independent News Network (AINN) is looking for an Editor to lead its investigative reporting team. This organized self-starting innovator will work with a team of reporters, along with AINN's board, to produce high-quality enterprising journalism.
The ideal candidate will have experience in editing and reporting political news both in print and online. They will be intimately familiar with American government and politics. Experience managing a staff preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
• Drive the editorial process, selecting and assigning stories to reporters
• Ensure quality and accuracy of all published content
• Drive an effective news agenda that captures the attention of elected officials, key decision-makers and other influencers.
• Develop, assign and edit individual stories that speak to AINN's mission.
• Edit and publish all articles throughout the news cycle.
• Manage team of reporters, tracking their story development, mission focus, and productivity.
• Help promote the work and staff as needed in coordination with the outreach team.
• This position reports to the AINN’s Board of Directors.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 clips, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Editor” in the subject line.
About the Organization:
The American Independent News Network is a progressive nonprofit news organization committed to impact journalism – reporting that arms the public with information needed to create positive change.