San Diego Business Journal
California - San Diego
Ad Posted On:
Wednesday, February 06, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
About the Job
The Editor will be responsible for developing articles, assigning stories and managing and mentoring a team of editors and reporters for our business-to-business newspaper and website. The successful candidate will have experience in creating print and digital content, will have significant editing experience, and will be a highly-organized newsroom leader who can juggle multiple editorial calendar projects and the daily news. A background in business news is a plus.
This leadership role offers you the opportunity to create an insightful business report for our magazine and website. We’re looking for a creative editorial expert with proven writing skills and the flexibility and passion to play a key role in shaping the overall direction and image of the newspaper.
• Drive the editorial process, selecting and assigning stories to reporters for both print and online
• Ensure quality and accuracy of all published content
• Drive an effective news agenda that captures the attention of readers and key decision-makers
• Commitment to good, clear writing
• Manage team of reporters, tracking their story development, mission focus, and productivity
• Help promote the work and staff as needed in coordination with the outreach team
Send resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org