Tampa Bay Times
Florida - Saint Petersburg
Up to $60,000
Ad Posted On:
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
About the Job
Job Description: The Section Manager is responsible for managing the day to day inserting and packaging operations of the Times, as well as participating in the on going strategic direction of the operation. This position serves as a role model by providing departmental leadership and creating a positive and productive work environment. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership skills, demonstrating strong management, communications, coaching, staff development and interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Packaging Manager.
Job Requirements: The Section Manager must demonstrate competency and priority in the following areas: Problem solving and decisiveness, development of staff and department leaders, organizational skills, change and innovation, and communication/interpersonal skills.
• Previous supervisory and/or leadership experience in a production, packaging or distribution environment.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and react to changing production needs in a manufacturing setting.
• Ability to successfully motivate, coach and provide work direction to diverse work groups in a deadline driven work environment.
• Commitment to high standards of safety, quality, accuracy, productivity and efficiency.
• The ability to collaborate and work with staff and department leaders, inside and outside of the department.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong creative problem solving and decision making skills with a focus on efficiencies and achieving results.
• Computer skills in Microsoft applications.
• Be flexible and willing to work a schedule that meets operational needs.
• Understanding of packaging equipment and production systems is a plus.
To apply for the Section Manager position, please go to Tampabay.com/Join Us
NOTE - Please see Ad Description for special instructions on how to apply.