Content Licensing, Sales Specialist
About the Job
The Content Licensing, Sales Specialist role sits within Reuters Media’s News Agency division.
The Content Licensing, Sales Specialist will join our NY- based team to identify and execute content licensing opportunities for Reuters’ newswires, pictures, video and multimedia products with online media companies in North America.
The Content Licensing, Sales Specialist primary responsibility is to generate revenue for the News Agency division. This is inherently a sales position with an annual sales quota.
The role will require a combination of phone based relationship and selling skills, as well as an in-person consultative approach to find and close new business. He/She will also work closely with the Account Management team to upsell existing online clients.
The Specialist will also collaborate with Editorial, Product and Support to provide market feedback to improve upon Reuters’ existing coverage, products and services. There is also potential to help shape Reuters’ product and commercial strategy for this growing market segment.
• Be a proven "hunter" with track record of success for new business development
• A very strong knowledge base of the online media space in North America and a desire to stay current on industry news
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to evangelize new products
• Experience in building client relationships
• Be a creative thinker who relishes participation in marketing strategy and development
• Be self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial by nature
• Understand how to craft creative commercial opportunities with the goal of maximizing revenue generation
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel & PowerPoint
• Knowledge of ComScore
• Experience with contract negotiation
• Knowledge of content licensing business models
• Existing relationships in the online media space
• Interest in breaking news and passion for quality journalism
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.