Idaho - Twin Falls
Ad Posted On:
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
About the Job
The Times-News is seeking an experienced Circulation Director with the demonstrated ability to create and manage a team in the accomplishment of key strategies. The Circulation Director is a key member of the senior management team and responsible to grow audience and market share for the central Idaho’s number one print and online media products. This position is instrumental in defining tactics to grow our subscription-based circulation volume and online audience.
The Circulation Director duties will include:
• exercising careful cost controls; managing expense and revenue budgets; conducting circulation audits;
• developing and executing a sales and marketing plan to grow circulation, including a sales plan for home delivery to ensure sales initiatives are in place and on target with stated plan while ensuring customer satisfaction;
• managing day-to-day operations of in-house sales, service and retention efforts;
• maintaining thorough understanding of Audit Bureau of Circulations rules, regulations, and guidelines;
• working closely with all departments;
• frequent contact with customers and suppliers;
• preparing fiscal budgets; ensuring accuracy and achievement;
• ensuring service levels meet or exceed customer expectations; recruiting, hiring, training and managing circulation staff;
• providing regular and timely feedback about progress toward goals and professional development; and
• facilitating a working environment that fosters high morale.
This position requires three to five years experience managing and developing employees; previous experience in sales, marketing, and circulation; general knowledge of newspaper operations; basic accounting knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs; excellent organizational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills. Past experience overseeing newspaper mailroom is a plus. A Bachelor's degree in Business or Management is desired.
The Times-News (18,000 daily, 20,500 Sunday) offers career opportunities and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement and paid holidays and vacation. We are part of Lee Enterprises, a leading publisher of community newspapers. We encourage and reward innovation, thoughtful risk taking, and leadership skills that inspire everyone in our organization.
To learn more about our company or to apply, please log on by December 31, 2012 to http://magicvally.com/app/workhere/. Please include a cover letter and resume with salary history.
We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen prior to commencing employment.
NOTE - Please see Ad Description for special instructions on how to apply.