Crain's Cleveland Business
Ohio - Cleveland
Ad Posted On:
Friday, November 30, 2012
Friday, January 04, 2013
Assistant Editor - Crain's Cleveland Business
About the Job
The Assistant Editor will have primary responsibility for the print publication's page design functions, be the principal headline writer, and serve as last line of copyediting defense as stories flow into the Quark pagemaking system.
Multimedia opportunities to:
• Report and write general assignment stories for our weekly themed sections and for our website and email newsletters
• Conceive of art ideas and handle assignment of photos and illustrations to freelancers
• Assist in finding and posting stories from other Ohio publications for our aggregated enewsletter, The Morning Roundup
• Create slideshows on our website related to our publication's recognition events and news stories
What you bring:
• Strong page design skills and great familiarity with the Quark pagemaking system
• Strong writing and reporting skills and a great news sense
• Familiarity with the Saxotech content management system is a definite plus
• Solid interpersonal skills in order to work with freelancers and staff members
Please include cover letter and at least three links to your work or clips along with your resume for consideration.
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the “Careers” section.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Entering its fourth decade of service to Northeast Ohio, Crain's Cleveland Business is the preeminent source for news, analysis, commentary and data essential for top executives and business owners. Named Ohio's best business publication several times, Crain's Cleveland Business is much more than a valued, trusted weekly business newspaper. Each work day, the editorial team produces two digital news reports that are opened at rates unheard of in email market communication. It also produces each week three industry-specific enewsletters, covering energy, staffing, and small business, that are designed specifically for readers in those markets and those who sell to them. Crain's Cleveland Business also creates and stages a robust collection of B-to-B events, from gala awards dinners to in-depth, topical breakfast gatherings. Its editors and reporters specialize in all major sectors of the region's economy: real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, finance, government, law, higher education, and more. Busy executives and managers know they can rely on Crain's to get business news that is simply not available from any other source in the regional market.