Software Engineer I
About the Job
Software Engineer I
MediaSpan Group, Inc., (www.mediaspangroup.com) a dynamic, Ann Arbor-based software company,
has an immediate opportunity for an entry-level Software Engineer in its Customer Services group.
MediaSpan powers digital content management, online marketing, advertising and business productivity solutions for the world's leading media companies including GateHouse Media, Civitas Media, Paxton Media Group, and Sun Media. With more than 4,000 local newspaper and radio properties relying on its solutions, MediaSpan is the world’s largest network of local media companies and media consumers.
We provide an enriched work environment that fosters growth, inspires professional excellence and
encourages success by providing:
* A competitive compensation package
* Professional development
* Excellent benefits
The Software Engineer will be a member of the Customer Services team and provide programming for
MediaSpan advertising and production customers and internal reporting needs.
* Complete custom programming assignments based on an agreed upon specification and within a
* Create or modify custom plug-ins, exports, forms and reports using RealBasic and OnTarget Reports
* Create or modify custom reports using Java, IReport and Crystal Reports
* Assist in debugging and troubleshooting applications
* Perform software testing and quality assurance tasks
* Work with other engineers, QA, and product management in developing new products
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient in the use of various reporting software products (e.g., IReport, OnTarget, Crystal)
* Experience with cross-platform software development tools such as Java and RealBasic
* Must be a self-starter, motivated and work without supervision
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Superb attention to detail
* Self-motivated; stays current with advances in software development and information technology
* Excellent organization skills and flexibility to complete multiple tasks
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or appropriate combination of skills and experience
* Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks
MediaSpan Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and resume to email@example.com