About the Job
MediaSpan, dynamic, Ann Arbor-based Software Company has an immediate opportunity for a Product Manager in its Product Development group.
MediaSpan powers digital content management and online marketing solutions for the world’s leading media companies, including Gannett, Advance Publications, Australian Radio Network, Citadel/ABC Radio and Sun Media. Over 3,000 local newspaper, radio and television properties leverage our digital content management, online marketing, web publishing e-commerce and online promotional solutions.
We provide an enriched work environment that fosters growth, inspires professional excellence and encourages success by providing:
· A competitive compensation package.
· Professional development.
· Excellent benefits including 401(k).
This position will work as part of a team to deliver solutions for the Product Development Group, focusing on the direction and management of their product line.
· Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
· Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
· Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
· Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
· Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
· The success (high quality, on time, on budget) of the programs / projects reporting to him / her.
· Structuring the overall project plan, budget, schedule, and staffing requirements.
· Provide weekly status reports, project tracking updates, and overall assessments to senior management and team.
· Ensure entire project team is aware of progress through face-to-face communications.
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced online environment, experience working with media clients and advertisers, a head for business as well as technology and a drive to move into progressively more challenging roles.
· Bachelor's Degree in business, computer technology, communications or related field
· 2-3 years of product management experience, from concept to delivery.
· Proven track record for staying within budget and meeting deadlines.
· Team-oriented experience highly desired.
· Knowledge and experience developing large projects and managing diverse teams.
· Work effectively with senior-level executives and have significant client-interfacing experience.
· Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
· Very good communication skills with ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong commitment to the delivery of high quality products.
· Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and capability of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
· Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
· Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively.
· Outstanding written and oral presentation skills.
· Exceptional organizational dexterity.
Required Technical Skills
· Experience creating business plans.
· Experience writing use cases.
· Experience developing / managing project plans.
· Proficient in Word, Office, PowerPoint, and Project or equivalents.
· Experience using issue tracking systems.
· Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle.
Other Skills That Will Definitely Pique Our Interest
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
· Experience with CMS (Content Management Systems).
· Experience with multi-channel publishing (Web, Mobile, Tablet, etc.).
MediaSpan Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and resume to email@example.com