Director of Web Development
About the Job
Ballantine Digital Media is looking for a Director of Web Development for our News Sites. This position is responsible for creating, coordinating, and managing a wide variety of site and product development products and projects for the Ballantine Communications, Inc. (BCI) news sites, including content and revenue products. This role is responsible for interacting and coordinating with key newsroom, print ad management, IT, vendors and business partners regarding requirements, timelines, technical issues and project status. The Director of Development will contribute proactively, independently and collaboratively with other technical and non-technical staff members to complete short- and long-term projects. The Director will work with and take direction from the head of Digital Design and Technology for BDM. This position will oversee web developers focused on news site and revenue product development. The Director will contribute with hands-on code and test expertise and will insure compatibility across digital platforms, browsers and devices.
Preferred qualities consist of a combination of:
• B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Six years effective web coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and debugging skills.
• Six years demonstrated experience developing B2C web sites (full project life cycle)
• Four years experience web development within CMS environments preferred. Experience working with Brainworks advertising or Saxotech CMS platforms a plus.
• Two years supervisory experience in a cross-functional and Agile development environment.
• Knowledge and foundation in Open Source platforms, Ruby on Rails, Python, DJango, etc.
• Demonstrated success integrating code, applications and services across multiple technology platforms.
• Knowledge and foundation in Object-Oriented programming and W3C standards and validation.
• Strong foundation in cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
• Strong foundation in developing across digital devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
BDM offers generous benefits, a team focused work environment and job growth potential. To apply, send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com, referencing “Director, Web Dev” in the subject line. No phone calls please, EOE.
NOTE - Please see Ad Description for special instructions on how to apply.