Florida - Sarasota
Ad Posted On:
Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
About the Job
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune is seeking an experienced candidate to lead our award-winning newsroom. The Executive Editor position leads the news and information gathering and multimedia production teams. This individual is responsible for the strategic operational and budget management for all content on the Herald-Tribune Media Group print and digital products as well as leading the initiation and implementation of new ideas, products and services. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage all positions in the newsroom, while working directly with the Publisher and other department heads to produce meaningful content. He or she is expected to be involved in community outreach activities and external partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in editing role is preferred
- Experience in creating an annual expense budget and managing resources to meet budgetary goals and objectives
- Experience in using content management systems
- Experience using various digital platforms and tools including social media skills and sites (i.e.,Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience posting to multiple platforms, making sure copy is accurate, fair and balanced, and free of spelling or grammatical errors
For consideration email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize and appreciate the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief or reflect this diverse background are encouraged to apply. The Herald-Tribune is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and maintains a DRUGFREE environment.