- Name: Falion Jackson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 404-542-6991
- City: Stafford
- State: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Listed: August 17, 2015 3:27 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
I want to benefit a company in the area of public relations through the use of my extensive skills in interpersonal communication, consensus building, organizational management, and strategic thinking to accomplish the organization’s ultimate strategic and communications goals.
Work HistoryBank Teller, Wells Fargo-Magnolia, Savannah, GA [2012-2015]
- Developed, wrote, and distributed internal communications to inform and educate the employees, via various communication mediums, about current bank programs, activities, and policies
- Researched, wrote, and delivered motivational presentations to inspire and motivate peers in providing excellent customer service and help prepare them for audits.
- Worked across multifunctional teams to include, teller team members, managers, and stakeholders, to achieve regional banking goals, provided flawless financial services in fast-paced operating environments.
- Recipient of multiple achievement-awards including positive customer service ratings on 30 consecutive surveys; an unprecedented company event.
- Maintained consistent ratings in customer service satisfaction, averaging 97%, received recognition in regional corporate newsletter.
- Served as cashier, customer service representative, and sales representative for the nation’s largest privately held retail department store.
- Assisted with training new sales associates; provided guidance on proper procedures for handling problems, compliance with store policy and tips on presenting sales pitches and meeting sales goals.
- Served as a ‘go to’ problem solver on the sales team associated with an innovative approach to finding solutions to unexpected problems, this helped lead to resolved customer concerns and complaints at the lowest level within the department.
- Created and executed advertising and communications strategies across multiple media formats, marketing campaigns, media promotions, contests, events, broadcasts and airplay.
- Participated in the planning, writing, and editing of news releases and features for on-air media dissemination.
- Scheduled time slots for paid advertisements for diverse businesses on five regional stations; maintained daily commercial logs for on-air talent and activities; published schedules for program directors and management team.
- Traveled to event locations to set-up and break down promotional equipment for onsite promotional events for public and private events, business owners, and promotions including store openings, movie releases, parades, school functions, sporting events, local award shows, concerts, and charity events.
- Interviewed and conferred with interview subjects to obtain latest information for use in news releases, radio programs, and articles.
- Posted station specific banners, conducted small contests to engage listeners and prompt public participation.
- Maintained and accounted for inventory, event staging and marketing collateral, station premiums, banners, advertising vehicles (vans and hummers) and sound systems; accounted for station prize closet, tickets (concerts, restaurants, vacations, local events) and new releases.
- Coordinated media events and the communication of organizational messages using printed, electronic, and audiovisual materials for various audiences and mass-media outlets.
EducationMaster of Business Administration (M.B.A.) Savannah State University, Savannah, GA  Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Major in Mass Communications, Minor in Business Management Graduated Cum Laude, Savannah State University, Savannah, GA, 
AffliationsAlpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
Cover LetterDear Hiring Manager With so many individuals actively seeking jobs how can you decide who is the best candidate? If you are seeking an individual who merely performs the work assigned, without any innovative leadership on their own, then I am not the person to call. However, if you seek a creative, capable, and team-oriented person with a dynamic outlook on life and a strong desire to succeed in communications, public relations, and administration then I invite you to look no further than the attached résumé! Over the past few years, while pursuing my advanced education, I have had the opportunity to undertake positions which have allowed me to blend my formal background in mass communications with proven success in radio, communications, retail sales, and customer service roles. I bring a working knowledge of communicating commercial advertising through radio, television, and newspaper. I have written published articles which makes me no stranger to deadlines or details. I know I am the best candidate for this position being that I posses all the qualifications you all are searching for and because I am a recent graduate with a blank canvas waiting to absorb all that I can. I respond quickly, efficiently, and accurately to projects and request. I demonstrate exceptional business acumen, work well under pressure, and strive for perfection-enthusiastically! I have had the opportunity to work in assignments directly with consumers, customers and clients. In these roles, I gained firsthand knowledge of client relations and the importance of being receptive to their needs, while maintaining awareness, discretion, and capitalizing on opportunities to strategically convey the organization’s intended message. All of my experiences and attributes make me a perfect fit for this position. Please call me at 404-542-6991 to arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss the how my skills can be used to make significant contributions to your company and its strategic goals. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to consider my application. Sincerely, Falion Jackson