- Plan, direct, lead, implement, execute and oversee human resources policies, procedures and day to day function of all HR Disciplines and align to the business objectives of the company.
- Serve as an active member of the company’s senior leadership team, participating in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Drive culture-led change management for the organization.
- Be aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry and constantly re-assess our practices against benchmark & trends.
- Lead all HR related Mergers & Acquisitions activity including due diligence, deal structure and integration work.
- Oversee implementation of HR strategy through HR functions including, but not limited to:
- Organization Development – setting and reinforcing the company culture in alignment with company strategy
- Leadership Development & Coaching
- Talent Acquisition and Talent Management – including organization design, recruiting, development / retention of current employees and succession planning; key focus on sales organization.
- Performance Management – consistently assess performance management process and best practices for all functions; align employee KPI’s with company goals and objectives; instill a culture of coaching and development for managing performance
- Employee Relations & Labor Relations
- Benefits Strategy and Administration
- Training and Development
- Employee Engagement
- Compensation Strategy & Design
- HRIS Implementation
- HR Compliance – upholding and adhering to all applicable laws, regulations, standards
- Lead and manage corporate and field HR staff in support of company goals, affording HR team growth and development opportunities.
- Lead HR Administration centralization efforts including implementation and maintenance of HRIS platform. Drive utilization of workforce analytics in business decisions.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with other functions and departments including Legal, Finance, Payroll, IT and regional and local field leadership.
- 15+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role within the print / digital media industry
- Demonstrated Ability to:
- Lead and drive culture-led organizational change that positively impacts business objectives
- Establish and implement HR vision and strategy and connect them to business requirements and objectives
- Establish effective coaching relationships with key leaders in the organization
- Labor relations experience
- Strong & effective balance between tactical operations and strategic thinking
- Hands on experience with HRIS implementations
- Effective decision-making skills that balance business and leadership objectives with employee needs
- Ability to work collaboratively in both team leader and team member roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written & verbal communication skills
- Some travel required, up to 25%, increases with acquisition activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree, MBA and/or Advanced HR certification preferred
Critical Success Factors:
- Positive attitude with balance between optimistic and realistic outlook
- Resilience; ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability and willingness to engage at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to lead multiple projects at once
- Effective at building strong virtual relationships and managing team remotely across multiple locations
- High level of personal commitment and energy
For confidential consideration please apply through our website:
GateHouse Media, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.