The Vice President of Finance serves as a key member of the leadership team. In addition to having primary responsibility for the financial operations of the company, the VP of Finance serves as a strategic business partner and adviser to the President and Publisher and business partner to department heads.
This position is responsible for revenue planning, reporting and financial analysis by developing and managing the organization’s budget process, rolling forecasts and long-range plans as well as overseeing related analyses and relevant reporting needs.
- Finance and Budget Knowledge- deep understanding of monthly financial and operational reviews, strategic planning and annual operating plans. Must have extensive experience preparing, implementing and managing company-wide budgets.
- Problem Solving/Analysis– must be able to proactively and productively identify threats and opportunities and develop business plans to address challenges. Proven experience in analyzing key metrics, understanding and interpreting information to identify new business strategies and articulate business impact of current strategies.
- Business Operations– demonstrated history of understanding business operations through a mixture of regular, routine interaction and systematic information gathering and analysis. Ability to manage and improve processes.
- Leadership– must be a strong leader. Possesses and utilizes forward looking leadership with the ability to lead organizational change.
- Teamwork– ability to build collaborative relationships with business partners to create and implement effective strategies.
- Communication Proficiency– strong interpersonal communication skills.
You also have these Characteristics:
- Results Driven– self-starter motivated to achieve.
- Executive Maturity – unflappable, solid judgment, logical, and able to handle uncertainty.
- Creative– finds new ways. Builds solutions.
- Learner– constant desire to know and understand.
- Disciplined– prioritizes and focuses on the most important.
- Collaborative– knows that a team is more capable than an individual.
- Flexible – comfortable leading change and personally open to new ideas.
- Accountable – owns the outcome.
Minimum Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience as a finance professional with a minimum of three years as a Controller, VP or CFO.
- Experience in growing a business, while maintaining the right focus on cost structure requirements.
The Gazette offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, critical illness and accident insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, a 401k plan, identity theft, legal, pet insurance and paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal and volunteer time.