- Job Type: Full-Time
- Company: Publishers Circulation Fulfillment
- Company Website: http://www.pcfcorp.com
Territory Region is from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia & Michigan
The Circulation Manager is responsible for managing various newspaper publisher and wholesale distributor relationships on behalf of the New York Times throughout the Ohio Valley Region (OH, PA, KY, IN, WV & MI). This position works directly with publishers, such as the Cincinnati Inquirer and Columbus Dispatch to ensure contractual customer service expectations are met. The Circulation Manager will act as the primary point of contact for distributors on all home delivery issues while providing consistent performance analysis, training and consultation that result in service improvement.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain relationships at all levels within the distributor’s organization through in person meetings.
- Ability to work directly with the New York Times management and ensure client satisfaction.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customer service issues.
- Provide daily/weekly performance reporting of home delivery operations to ensure quality service to customers. Ability to negotiate service improvement strategies that reduce complaint volume.
- Requires extensive travel visiting publishers throughout the Ohio Valley Region
- Overall Management of assigned geographic territory (territories are subject to change), including developing and maintaining key relationships at all levels with the partners.
- Active monitoring of daily third party home delivery operations to ensure quality service to customers.
- Communicate and resolve escalated customer complaints.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with PCF clients and third party distribution partners.
- Partners with external clients to develop and maintain a productive and legally compliant work environment.
- Must be able to identify improvement opportunities within the newspaper operation environment and develop strategies to eliminate problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Drive for Results, Functional and Technical, Action Oriented, Strategic Agility, Interpersonal Savvy, Time Management, Business Acumen, Written Communications, Problem Solving
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Technical and Functional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of geography and demographics of assigned area.
- Strong organizational skills must be accurate and flexible.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,) with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of Circulation Software.
- Results oriented, self-starter with proven leadership abilities in Circulation Sales.
- Strategic capability and hands-on experience from the customer relations, performance management, organizational effectiveness, and compliance.
- Strong customer service skills, including building partnerships, creative problem solving, and listening skills.
- Ability to drive long distances to cover territory/regions.
- Ability to travel up to 30% -50% of the time
- Flexible daily schedule to include working early morning hours, evenings, weekends and a variety of schedules to meet the client needs.
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- Requires a minimum of 5 -10 years of circulation management experience or related work experience.
- Previous newspaper experience required.
- Requires an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
WORK FOR PCF. START SOMETHING BIG.