- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Company: Capital Newspapers
- Company Website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=onXn6fwx&s=Editor&Publisher
- Contact Name: Hilary Stone
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City: Madison
- State: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 53713
Capital Newspapers, publisher of the Wisconsin State Journal, Madison.com, Capital Times, Amplified Digital, and many other award-winning media products and services, is currently seeking a Sr. Advertising Director. Our last advertising leader was recently promoted to a national position with Lee Enterprises. Reporting to the General Manager, the Sr. Advertising Director will oversee all aspects of advertising sales and marketing, including digital products and services, daily and weekly newspapers, and non-subscriber targeted products. The position is located in Madison, Wisconsin, and leads a department of approximately 90 employees. We seek someone with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure. The successful candidate is accustomed to managing multiple priorities, exhibits strong leadership skills, and has the ability to coach and motivate others to accomplish overall business objectives. Key Responsibilities:
- Consistently meets or exceeds all print and digital revenue targets.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of all sales and marketing assets, including newspaper products, digital products, and digital marketing services. Ability to mentor direct reports.
- Understands pipeline management, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios.
- Effectively communicates accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue. Comfortable interfacing with, and reporting and presenting to, the SBU and Lee corporate executive teams.
- Understands methodology for goal setting. Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff.
- Will have an in-depth knowledge of accounts, prospects and potential in market. Establishes aggressive but realistic goals for staff.
- Reviews market activities to develop new business; by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer.
- Thrives in meetings with top advertising customers, and has a record of achievement growing and retaining revenue from top accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism or marketing or equivalent job experience
- Five years of newspaper sales experience; eight to ten years sales management experience necessary in a newspaper environment, preferred.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.