Kingman Daily Miners’ print facility (Central Print Facility) located in Golden Valley, Arizona has immediate openings for experienced Press Operators with Web Offset Printing backgrounds. Must be able to set up and operate a multi-unit offset web printing press and coordinate press team members interactions on the press, ensuring each job is run according to customer specifications and meeting internal and external deadlines while maintaining exceptional quality control and reducing waste and press downtime.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ability to read job tickets and determine quantities to be printed, colors, or special printing instructions. Collaborate with production manager and shift supervisor to ensure entire press team understands the details of the job to produce best quality products and proper press utilization.
- Perform press operations to operate and run press, such as make-ready, folder operation, register color, and general press operation maintenance activities. Ensure press speed and quality are maintained.
- Determine first save copies on all pull-ups. Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Ensure proper web tension to allow job to run at correct speed.
- Maintain waste with acceptable ranges.
- Perform routine maintenance on the press.
- Ensure quality standards always exceed customer expectations.
- Previous experience with DGM 430 cold set.
This a full time position at 34 hours per week and includes voluntary benefits, 401k, and a generous PTO (paid time off) package. Must be able to work up to 12 hours per shift, nights & weekends. Salary is negotiable and will be based upon experience. NSE EEOE