- Company: The New York Times
POSITION: A business leader responsible for managing Circulation Operations in a geographic territory. There are multiple opportunities for this role around the country. Operations will include transportation, home delivery, mail delivery, retail sales and education/amenity copies within the territory. Must work in conjunction with Home Delivery Service Providers, Wholesalers, Haulers, Single Copy Sales Team and other contracted vendors and consultants within the territory, as well as other departments within the Times, to effectively achieve copy, service and expense goals for the Print Products Department. Preference for candidate to reside within their geographic territory.
- Work closely with colleagues in other Departments for all efforts related to print distribution within the territory.
- Manage, develop and negotiate distribution agreements with local newspapers and distributors throughout the country in support of the Print Products Department strategy in new or existing markets for all distribution channels.
- Manage, develop and negotiate single copy distributor relationships and work to broaden the Times’ availability and strengthen its market presence.
- Support efforts of the Education Sales Dept. as needed to broaden the use of the Times in the education arena expanding our influence at colleges and Universities across the country.
- Develop strategies for improving the quality of Home Delivery service for all subscribers of the Times throughout their region.
- Manage transportation operations from print sites within the designated territory and optimize distribution cost and efficiency.
- Summary of key responsibility areas: expanding newspaper availability, single copy sales optimization, home delivery service improvement, contract/vendor management, expense management, data analysis (home delivery service, retail sales, expenses), coordination with production team for print logistics and special projects as assigned.
- Travel within Region and Nationally as required.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
- Minimum 4 Year College degree plus a minimum of five years of comprehensive circulation management experience preferred, or minimum of ten years of experience in circulation/operations management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives.
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Good PC skills in a Windows environment required along with the ability to utilize and analyze data.
- Strong organizational and planning skills required.
If interested, please apply using the most appropriate listing below: