The State Media in Columbia SC is seeking an ambitious, high-energy Real-Time news reporter. We need a reporter to compile and produce lightning-fast stories and post all news that is driving the conversation online.
The most compelling candidates will have:
- The ability to write quickly, accurately and well;
- Solid news judgement and excellent journalism ethics;
- An intuitive sense of what’s important and interesting;
- A good grasp of what drives interest on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms;
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit, deep curiosity and extremely high energy.
- A collaborative style that works comfortably across teams spread throughout the office and company.
Education: College degree required
- Professional journalism experience
- News judgement; excellent writing skills, facility with social media and SEO; quick study of CMS and storytelling tools. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and editors.
Personal attributes: Energy, flexibility, and online smarts. The ability to monitor a vast amount of information for a wide audience, matched with discerning judgment about what to pursue. The ability to execute both quickly and well, with creativity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. We offer a competitive salary, along with a varied benefits package, including, Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, vacation, sick leave and company holidays. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer
If interested please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Brian Tolley, email@example.com