- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Company: Chestnut Hill Local
- Company Website: chestnuthilllocal.com
- Contact Name: Bob Warner
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 215 248-8817
- City: Philadelphia
- State: Pennsylvania
- Zip/Postal Code: 19118
The Chestnut Hill Local, a 60-year institution within one of Philadelphia’s most historic and affluent neighborhoods, seeks a visionary Publisher to lead this weekly newspaper and website into their next chapter. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, innovative Publisher to guide a storied media company with a solid foundation into its digital future.
The Publisher is responsible for the strategic, financial and operational success of all phases of the enterprise. The Publisher exhibits effective team leadership of various departments, including sales, circulation and distribution, editorial, production, human resources and finance. The focus of the position is to work with the volunteer board of directors in developing the vision for the Local and executing and delivering on that vision. The primary responsibilities include sales execution, market strategy, and community engagement. The ideal candidate will have a record of success in both traditional and new media with an astute understanding of digital advertising and marketing.
- Development of revenue and profits in media, digital, and alternative revenue streams;
- Planning short and long-term strategies to achieve goals and objectives;
- Establishing a challenging and enriching work environment for all employees;
- Assure effective recruitment, selection, training, development, and evaluation of personnel;
- Meet projected revenue and expense goals;
- Lead team sales efforts, both in advertising and circulation;
- Prepare the annual budget;
- Enthusiastic involvement in community events and organizations; and
- Regular reporting to the board of directors and attendance at board meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of sales and management techniques;
- A deep understanding of digital media;
- Prior experience in advertising, sales, and news in a competitive market;
- Strong management and recruiting skills; and
- Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation.
The Local offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and any other supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org.