- Job Type: Temporary
- Salary: Negotiable
- Company: Pilot Media
- Company Website: https://pilotonline.com/
- City: Norfolk
- State: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 23510
Conceive and execute pages, write display type, including headlines, promos and fact boxes, copy edit stories. Evening shifts from 4 p.m. to midnight; day shifts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., as assigned. Holidays and weekends required.
- Design pages using Adobe InDesign
- Write display type, including headlines, promos and fact boxes
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and photographers to create compelling pages
- Create visual impact using sometimes disparate or hard-to-obtain elements
- Conceive and execute conceptual approaches to presentations
- Familiarity with Associated Press style.
- Knowledge of design and its application to news and newspapers, including use of typography and photography.
- Thorough knowledge of page design software, such as InDesign or QuarkXPress. Some knowledge of Photoshop.
- Headline writing ability; knowledge of copy editing is a plus.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately under deadline.
- A design internship at a daily newspaper OR design experience at a daily newspaper.