The Longview News-Journal is seeking an experienced Publications Manager to oversee strategy, development and sales for its niche publications.
This position is responsible for:
- Developing existing niche publications to position effectively in the market (including both print and digital media)
- Developing and implementing effective advertising sales strategies for each publication
- Writing content and managing stringers
- Managing production and delivery schedule for each issue
- Working closely with Advertising, Creative, Circulation and Editorial Departments to ensure development and production of a premier product
Prior experience as a publications manager is required. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with excellent time management skills and a strong attention to detail. Must be able to work nights and weekends as required. Position pays base plus commission.
The job is based in the Longview, Texas, office of the News-Journal. The News-Journal is the East Texas flagship of M. Roberts Media, a family owned group of three daily and one twice-weekly newspapers and associated websites that reach more than 300,000 consumers each week. We’re located in the oil-rich piney woods of East Texas, an area known for its outdoor recreational opportunities, proximity to the Dallas metro area and temperate climate.