- Company: Oahu Publications, Inc.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oahu Publications, Inc. (OPI) is seeking a proven Publisher with an established track record of revenue development and results to lead its daily, weekly, shopper and digital operations on the islands of Kauai and Hawaii Island. We are looking for an entrepreneurial thinker with strategic planning expertise to maintain good community relations, develop revenue, digital and competitive strategy, and ideas for new product development and market expansion and has advanced editorial philosophies, consumer marketing techniques and advertising ideas who isn’t afraid to innovate in an era of transformational change in our industry.
The group publisher will have oversight for three daily newspapers including the West Hawaii Today, a 10,000 circulation daily in Kailua Kona, Hawaii; the Hawaii Tribune-Herald, a 16,000 circulation daily based in Hilo, Hawaii; and The Garden Island, an 8,000 circulation daily based in Lihue, Kauai. Oversight also includes distribution of two total market coverage weekly publications. The publisher will work out of the West Hawaii Today office in Kailua Kona but will travel to all locations.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL:
- Strategically plan, allocate, and optimize resources for efficient, cost-effective operations
- Build and maintain an organization with strong, effective systems and procedures that ensure customer satisfaction in all departments and at all levels
- Develop and execute programs to provide current and relevant news, achieve revenue objectives while maintaining budgeted expenses
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Exercise a high level of motivation, accountability and independent judgment and initiative.
- Be knowledgeable of current industry issues/trends, regulatory and compliance requirements and practices
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, business administration or other relevant areas. Appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in an executive capacity in a print and digital media environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to effectively present information to company leaders and build relationships with businesses and people in the various communities
- Adept in regards to time management, process improvement, prioritization, and meeting deadlines
Come work and play in the most exciting and dynamic market in the United States. Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We recognize and appreciate the benefits of diversity in the workplace. People who share this belief or reflect a diverse background are encouraged to apply.