Dawson County News in Dawsonville, GA, part of Morris Multimedia Inc., a leading print, digital, outdoor and broadcast company with locations throughout the United States, is seeking a General Manager with a strong advertising sales and management background.
The Dawson County News is a weekly print publication with an online news site. The award-winning publication also produces a quarterly magazine, as well as other specialty publications.
We are looking for a manager to lead our 4-person staff and to become immersed in the local community. This is an opportunity to excel at small-town community journalism with incredible growth potential, with the support of a much larger parent company.
Responsibilities include revenue generation; financial data reporting; forecasting and budgeting; recruitment, training and management of all advertising and editorial staff, as well as coordination with other departments and adjacent sister publications as needed for efficiency.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a sales team
- Hands-on selling manager, with a record of success in consultative sales, and territory management.
- Hiring and training top talent
- Goal setting and budgeting of sales territories
- Building and maintaining relationships with new clients
- Meeting and exceed monthly sales goals
- Daily contact over the phone with prospects to promote advertising space in both print and online
- Cold calling new prospects on a daily basis
- Attending networking events on behalf of the company
Required experience: Advertising Sales: 5 years
- Digital Advertising Sales (experience in sales of web services and video a plus).
- Print (newspaper/magazine) sales
- Phone sales experience
- B2B sales experience
- BA in Marketing or Business preferred
- Microsoft Office
- Billboard sales experience a plus
Morris Multimedia is a fun supportive, value-driven media group that offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- A great benefits package (health benefits, matching 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, professional tools and mileage reimbursement)
- An open, collaborative, creative team
If you think this position is for you, forward a brief description of why you are fit for the position, a resume, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.