The Fayetteville Observer is looking for a finance director to provide financial planning & analysis functions and oversees all financial responsibility at the local property level, including the compliance to GAAP standards. Long-range business planning is an inherent part of this position.
- Work closely with Group and Division-level finance teams and lead support staff to ensure timely and accurate financial transaction processing.
- Provide FP&A support to the local Publisher and Group Finance Director.
- Participate in driving local strategies, developing sound business plans and tracking progress.
- Responsible for the review and analysis of local financial statements, East Divisional reporting requirements and internal management reports and deliverables.
- Provide input and guidance to the month end close process.
- Provide final review and approval of monthly financial statements.
- Provide final review and approval of all general ledger account reconciliations.
- Responsible for all aspects of local financial planning, analysis and reporting, including monthly forecasts and the annual plan.
- Responsible for all local capital management, including planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for internal and external audit compliance support.
- Ensure compliance with all GateHouse Media Company policies.
- Mentor and train local finance team.
- Communicate the organization’s vision; gains team commitment, motivates others to take action.
- Works tenaciously toward stretch goals and property financial performance
- Works a full time schedule. Some night and weekend work may be required.
BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience is required. CPA is preferred.
5 years of progressive financial management experience is preferred. 3+ years, minimum, managing 3+ employees while delegating day-to-day responsibilities in order to work on special projects.
We offer a very competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and a matching 401k plan.
To apply: submit cover letter and resume to:
Diane Cain, HR Manager
The Fayetteville Observer
Knowledge Changes Everything ¨ fayobserver.com
Equal Opportunity Employer