- Company: Reynolds Journalism Institute
- Contact Name: Ebony Reed
- Contact email: email@example.com
REYNOLDS JOURNALISM INSTITUTE SEEKS DIGITAL INNOVATOR
Are you a digital problem solver and innovator with strong data, coding and analytical skills? The Reynolds Journalism Institute seeks you!
For more information and to apply go to University of Missouri employment portal and click on staff jobs. Search for the position using JOB ID: 25026. Applications due Dec. 21.
RJI has a unique opportunity for a hands-on, creative and technical professional to join a lab of practical digital experts. The Futures Lab seeks a person with an interest in innovation and emerging technologies who wants to help shape the future of the news industry. Our ideal candidate is a proven multi-tasker, team player and technical expert who likes to share knowledge, create digital projects and is ready to train university students at the World’s journalism school – the Missouri School of Journalism.
Primary duties include:
• Work with the RJI Futures Lab Director, Deputy Director and other members of the Futures Lab to create and execute digital projects that strengthen the news media industry. Digital projects could range from data analytics, coding for applications, building skills on voice devices and using applications to create AR/VR environments. The exact nature of each project will depend on the quarter’s goals, industry developments and potential partners the Futures Lab may have.
• Also work independently to research, suggest and execute practical projects and tests involving AI, coding, data, voice and other technologies.
• Mentor students, which may include mentoring a student capstone team or directing students who may build and test technologies for the re-branded and re-structured Futures Lab online show.
• Support and attend Futures Lab activities, which include the RJI Student Competition, competition mentor sessions, lab weekly meetings and other lab activities, which may involve some travel.
• Teach in the journalism program at Missouri with a focus on technology, coding, data and future technologies.
QUESTIONS? Contact Ebony Reed, Director Innovation and Futures Lab, at firstname.lastname@example.org