The digital audience editor for the Pioneer Valley newspapers will help to focus our newsrooms and journalists on growing and serving our digital audiences. This management position will be responsible for driving the development of content for our audiences across multiple platforms including our websites, mobile apps, social media channels and email. The digital audience editor will utilize a deep understanding of analytics across channels to optimize the presentation of content on the website and social media, and identify opportunities for projects in video, audio and more that will have the greatest impact. This hands-on position requires strong writing and editing skills as well as a strong working knowledge of video, audio and image editing tools, social media platforms, SEO, and email marketing. The digital audience editor will work directly with reporters on a daily basis to guide multi-channel story development and train reporters and editors on SEO, social and other digital content principles.
- Managing and growing media brand social media audiences on Facebook and Twitter as well as exploring other platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Use of web analytics tools to grow site traffic as well as in development of stories.
- Application of SEO research and best practices to stories, sections and projects.
- Writing and editing content for the web and tailoring it for different platforms, and helping coach others in the newsroom in multi-channel writing skills.
- Work collaboratively on projects ranging from podcasts to video to enterprise stories.
- Lead and coach newsroom team toward digital excellence..
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Four or more years work experience in journalism.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Management experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of video and audio editing tools and formats.
- Proven success using Google Analytics or other enterprise analytics solutions to drive content decisions.
- Demonstrated experience using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms for professional purposes.
- Understanding of and experiencing applying SEO best practices to web content.
- Rabid enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies.
The Pioneer Valley newspapers consist of the Daily Hampshire Gazette, Greenfield Recorder, Athol Daily News, Amherst Bulletin, and Valley Advocate and are owned by Newspapers of New England, a family-owned company with a commitment to serious community journalism. We offer competitive pay, paid vacation and personal days and benefits including optional health insurance, dental coverage and 401K retirement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.