The Advocate is seeking a Controller to lead finance operations and oversee analysis, reporting, projecting and tracking of financial performance across multiple products and platforms. The Controller is expected to play an integral role in developing strategies to grow revenue and audience, create strategic partnerships and to find efficiencies to reduce expenses and/or improve results. Media experience preferred.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Direct participation and oversight in accounting and finance responsibilities to include: preparation and analysis of individual and consolidated financial statements for multiple business units; completion of account reconciliations and accruals; creation of various reports and summaries of financial information; maintenance and reconciliation of general ledgers; completion of A/P & A/R activities; and more.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts and results.
- Analyzes current and prospective operations to identify opportunities to drive revenue, reduce expenses, create efficiencies and establish strategic partnerships.
- Directs accounting and financial functions in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and policies. Exerts internal controls to protect company assets, ensures safe handling of cash and meets all legal and company requirements; ensures compliance with audit standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-motivated professional who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience in an accounting/finance role.
- Proficiency with current industry standard software applications.
- Quickly assimilate new information and solve complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Strong experience navigating an entrepreneurial work environment and adapting communication to suit varied personalities.
- Ability direct and execute initiatives across all operational disciplines.
- Highly self-motivated personality with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Preference towards taking personal initiative and thrives when asked to multi-task.
- Pro-active and takes personal initiative.
- Strategic thinker and detail oriented with emphasis on impeccable work quality Adept at working with internal business partners remotely.
In addition to the specific skills and experience outlined above, the candidate selected for this position will be a confident and direct communicator with the level of presence and professionalism necessary to interact with professionals at all levels and with varied communication styles. They will also be a self-starter with a proven history of taking initiative in professional situations and working independently of others. To ensure success in this role, the candidate selected will demonstrate a willingness to learn and a desire to continuously expand their skills and abilities.
Controller (Job ID 1124)
Please attach a cover letter and resume.