- Job Type: Full-Time
- Company: University of Dayton
- Company Website: University of Dayton
- Contact email: email@example.com
- City: Dayton
- State: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 45469
The communications coordinator is responsible for fostering a culture of engagement with internal and external stakeholders by creating and implementing communication strategies and content across multiple platforms. The communications coordinator will facilitate the work of the Hanley Sustainability Institute (HSI) and raise the visibility of the University of Dayton’s sustainability efforts on campus, with alumni and current and possible institute partners locally, nationally and internationally. The coordinator will oversee the development and delivery of HSI’s multimedia web content, social media content, event promotions, print publications, marketing and advertising materials, and other communications. This is a 12-month, full-time, benefits eligible position, reporting to the executive director of HSI, and mentoring and supervising student workers.
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, English, marketing, graphic design, environmental studies or related field.
* Three years of experience writing and editing a variety of communication pieces and implementing communication strategies.
* Proven excellent written communication skills, including accuracy and sensitivity to audience.
* Capacity to supervise others and collaborate with others to create communication materials.
* Experience developing and maintaining an online social presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
* Knowledge of web analytics to measure effectiveness of social media and electronic marketing and communication plans.
* Professional experience writing in Associated Press style or another similar style.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, Google suite, Adobe Acrobat, or similar programs.
* Familiarity with graphic design software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or similar programs.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of content management systems.
* An understanding of HTML and other web development languages.
* Experience developing and maintaining mailing lists for print and digital communications.
* Demonstrated successful experience supervising others in the development and production of communication materials.
* Demonstrated successful experience collaborating with others to develop communication materials.
* Demonstrated successful experience creating audio-visual content across multiple platforms.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret effectiveness of social media through data generated by web analytics and adjust communication plans accordingly.
* Demonstrated successful experience initiating and seeing projects to completion.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of graphic design software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or similar programs.
* Proven ability to develop and implement communication plans spanning multiple priorities.
* Professional experience operating within an organization’s brand guidelines.
* Experience developing, promoting and focusing brand identity.
* Experience in technological or technical writing.
* Experience in writing for the purpose of fundraising.
* Expressed willingness to engage with Catholic and Marianist educational values.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US on a full time basis.
All interested applicants must apply via the direct link: http://employment.udayton.edu/cw/en-us/job/496870/communications-coordinator
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.