Oahu Publications, Inc. (OPI) is seeking a proven Circulation Director to lead our circulation, distribution and transportation efforts on the Island of Hawaii (Big Island). We are looking for an experienced and energetic circulator who is committed to achieving audience and revenue goals, providing over-the-top delivery and subscriber services, and has the ability to motivate and coach a team of dedicated employees who are ready and willing to take on any challenges presented to them. We are looking for an entrepreneurial thinker who isn’t afraid to innovate in an era of transformational change in our industry.
This position has circulation and distribution operations oversight for two daily newspapers on the Big Island: the West Hawaii Today, a 10,000 circulation daily in Kailua Kona; and the Hawaii Tribune-Herald, a 16,000 circulation daily based in Hilo. Oversight also includes distribution of the 57,000 copy Big Island TMC product.
Qualified candidates will:
- Strategically plan, allocate, and optimize circulation and distribution resources for efficient, cost-effective operations.
- Build and maintain an organization with strong, effective systems and procedures that ensure customer satisfaction at all levels
- Develop and execute programs to achieve volume and revenue objectives while maintaining budgeted expenses.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Exercise a high level of motivation, accountability and independent judgment and initiative under moderate supervision
- Be knowledgeable of current industry issues/trends, regulatory and compliance requirements and practices
Other qualifications include:
- A bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, business administration or other relevant area. Appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 8 years experience working in an executive capacity in a print and digital media environment.
- P&L experience
- Outstanding communication skills along with the ability to effectively present information to company leaders.
- Adept in regards to time management, process improvement, prioritization, and meeting deadlines.
Come work and play in the most exciting and dynamic market in the United States. Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org