The Times-Republican, a seven-day 7,000 circulation newspaper in Marshalltown, Iowa, has an opportunity for a business professional to join our management team. We are searching for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment and who has a strong background in all aspects of newspaper circulation — innovative marketing ideas, excellent customer service and strong organization. The candidate must be a leader with great communication skills, work effectively across department lines and build on our print and online growing trend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all circulation department operations.
- Help to develop and maintain circulation department strategy that focuses on growing and maintaining subscription revenue through company initiatives.
- Provide clear departmental direction to achieve goals through management of day-to-day operations.
- Record keeping, preparing budgets for the department and coordinating efforts alongside other management.
- Help in the process for talent acquisition to recruit and retain high-quality employees with an opportunity to grow within the company.
- Enhance the newspaper’s presence in the community.
The Times-Republican is part of The Ogden Newspapers (www.ogdennews.com), which publishes 47 daily newspapers in 14 states.
The company continues to invest in newspapers and is committed to excellence in local journalism and to delivering value to our readers and advertisers.
We keep all of our readers, both print and digital, well informed and engaged. Our multiple products deliver results for our advertisers and our customers.
Our rich heritage of newspapering, combined with a company-wide commitment to excellence in community journalism, position us to grow and flourish for decades to come.
The Times-Republican offers an extensive benefits package including health insurance and 401(k). Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Times-Republican Publisher Abigail Pelzer.