Automotive News, a growing and dynamic business publication owned by Crain Communications Inc., is seeking an Audience Development Manager to lead the execution of our subscription marketing strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and measuring our subscription communications across multiple channels, with the goal of growing and nurturing our subscription business.
As Audience Development Manager, you will be an integral part of our cross-functional Automotive News business team. You’ll interface regularly with all departments and the newsroom, and will directly impact the bottom line in a key area of our business.
Do you love planning, executing and analyzing marketing campaigns to achieve concrete revenue goals? Do you see yourself as equally skilled in project management, quantitative analysis, and creative marketing? Are you passionate about customer relationship marketing? If so, you’ll be a great fit for this role.
- Manage and implement subscriber marketing communications across all channels throughout the customer lifecycle to drive print, digital and data center subscription growth
- In coordination with leadership team, develop long-term subscription strategies, including paywall/metering strategy, pricing strategy, and campaign timing and creative direction
- Lead subscription reporting, forecasting and trend analysis efforts
- Manage subscription marketing roadmap; closely coordinate subscription marketing strategy across all business departments (online, events, webinars, etc.) and within the newsroom
- Coordinate all corporate licensing reporting, prospecting and renewal efforts
- Manage publication audit and publisher’s statement activities
- Occasionally perform hands-on analysis of large volumes of customer and product data
- Lead brand’s relationship with corporate support departments, including corporate CRM operations, fulfillment, distribution, customer service
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in subscription-based customer relationship marketing, including lifecycle marketing (acquisition, onboarding, engagement, retention, winback) and conversion funnels
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; experience gleaning clear insights from data and communicating high-level insights to business leaders
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities frequently, with little notice
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel required
- Some travel may be required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Publishing industry experience is preferred
- Direct experience with print publications and direct mail marketing is a plus
- Experience with enterprise CRM software (i.e. ExactTarget, MailChimp) is a plus
- Experience working with large, complex sets of data
- Strong command of grammar, spelling and style
Since 1925, Automotive News has been the go-to place for all the news that is happening among automotive retailers, suppliers and manufacturers. Whether it is breaking news sent to a phone, digital editions and web products delivered to a desktop, or stories in the award-winning print edition, Automotive News covers the news everywhere it happens around the world. Breaking news, data, daily newscasts, webinars, conferences and events are just some of the offerings. Automotive News, Automotive News Europe and Automotive News China are created locally and are backed by a global team of 50 editors and reporters, as well as a commitment to journalistic excellence.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization — a profitable, well established publishing leader.
@CrainComm #CrainCareers #MyCrainView #CrainCares