- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable
- Company: Marijuana Business Daily
- Company Website: http://www.MjBizDaily.com
- City: Denver
- State: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 80227
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 the best-known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America’s $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking an associate publisher to help lead the business and editorial sides of our website, magazine and other content-related offerings.
You’ll be based in our Denver office reporting to the Vice President and will receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits. As seen in Inc Magazine, Forbes and the WSJ, we are a highly professional, award-winning, fast-growing company. Relocation considered for the perfect candidate.
Day to day job description:
- Oversee our primary content offerings – currently two news websites, a monthly print magazine, newsletters and industry reports – as well as our growing editorial staff of reporters, editors and researchers.
- Work closely with the vice president of Marijuana Business Daily to set the company’s editorial vision, meet financial and operational benchmarks and ensure effective execution of strategy.
- Provide insights to our Events Director to ensure the company’s events offer highly targeted and effective content
- Coordinate closely with other departments – particularly marketing, sales and tech – on a regular basis and take ownership of key editorial products and projects.
- Conduct market research to ensure we are consistently offering our audience relevant business intelligence and content and staying ahead of the competition.
- Consistently generate ideas for revenue-generating content – such as reports, how-to guides, magazines, podcasts and video offerings – and spearhead such efforts, working with other staffers across the company as needed.
- Track key financial and performance metrics – including P&L reporting, website/newsletter analytics and magazine circulation – identify trends, success and issues that need to be addressed.
- Develop a deep understanding of the cannabis industry and our audience’s information needs via research and networking.
- Establish key relationships with individuals and companies in the industry
- Collaborate with our content technology specialist to improve the editorial department’s mobile, web and general digital presence.
- Direct responsibility for the financial performance of a publication, including P&L and budget oversight
- Experience setting the editorial vision for a B2B and/or business publication
- Demonstrated success launching new content-related offerings that proved successful from business, financial and audience perspective
- Experience with content production in multiple mediums
- Experience hiring and managing a team of editorial staffers
- Experience working closely with sales and marketing departments
- Experience (preferably as an editor-in-chief, managing editor or editor)
- Ability to establish relationships with key industry players and major sponsors from a publishing standpoint
- Proven ability to grow digital publications
- Working with an events team to provide insight/guidance on content for conference sessions
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Should you be offered a position, please expect to complete a background/reference check. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is a woman owned and an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please visit: http://www.annehollandventures.com/