The Spokesman-Review, a family owned newspaper in the Inland Northwest, is seeking a full-time Assistant Home Delivery Manager to join the team and aid in efficient and effective distribution of newspapers to our readers. Assistant Home Delivery Manager is responsible for a developing, training and mentoring fellow Circulation District Managers as well as overseeing a district in Idaho and our twice weekly advertising product.
This position guides the Circulation District Managers on their recruitment and training efforts in order to build a dedicated team of independent contractors who fulfill the delivery needs of a specific district. In addition, the assistant position demonstrates the ability to maintain a well run district and leads by example.
Within the organization’s policies and procedure, the Assistant Home Delivery Manager has the ability to work flexible hours as the situation allows, primarily early morning, develop and establish their contractor team in a manner that they prefer and allows for successful distribution.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assistant Home Delivery Manager will succeed in this position when they effectively train and mentor other district managers, manage their independent contractors, ensure coverage of their territory, delivery obligation are fulfilled, maintain high levels of customer service, resolve complaints effectively and efficiently, maintain required reports, and comply will all local, state and federal laws. Overall responsibilities for this position included, but are not limited to:
- Leadership – contact person for District Managers to assist in training and development
- Product delivery and service
- Coordination of employees and contractors at distribution facilities
- Customer Service – Works with District Manager on customer complaints and problem resolution
- Circulation Reports
- Independent Contractor assignments, expectations, feedback, payments, etc. Oversees approximately 40 contractors in Idaho
- Manages the twice weekly advertising product
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
A successful candidate will have prior management and leadership experience in the newspaper distribution field, be self-motivated, excels at organizing, skills at communication (both verbal and written), and has an overall sense of independence and entrepreneurial mindset. Candidates must be available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays at varying hours when necessary. Additional qualifications and skills required:
- Time management
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Mapping and Distribution List Sites such as My District.com
- Active Driver’s License, with clean driving record
- Active and maintained auto insurance
- Reliable personal transportation
The position is full-time, approximately 40+ hours a week, with a competitive starting wage with monthly and quarterly bonuses, plus benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick Days, matching 401k and more). The Assistant Home Delivery Manager is provided a company car for work use only, company lap top computer and cell phone.
Please apply online at https://careers.cowlesco.com or you may apply in person between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm at The Spokesman-Review building at 999 West Riverside Ave. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on those selected for hire. Background check includes driving records. Position open until filled.