- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary: Up to 80k
- Company: Capital Newspapers
- Company Website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oCgf7fwY&s=Editor&Publisher
- Contact Name: Hilary Stone
- Contact email: email@example.com
- City: Madison
- State: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 53713
Capital Newspapers, publisher of the Wisconsin State Journal, Madison.com, The Cap Times, Amplified Digital, and many other award-winning media products and services, is currently seeking a Retail Advertising Manager in the Madison, Wisconsin market.
Reporting to the Sr. Advertising Director, the Retail Manager will oversee all aspects of local retail advertising sales and marketing, including digital products and services, daily and weekly newspapers, and non-subscriber targeted products. The position is located in Madison, Wisconsin, and leads an advertising team of approximately 10 employees with expansion in the plans.
We seek someone with exceptional communication and analytical skills, and the ability to work with and excel handling multiple priorities. The successful candidate exhibits strong leadership skills, and has the ability to hire, train, coach, and motivate others to accomplish overall business objectives.
- Consistently meets or exceeds all print and digital revenue targets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of all sales and marketing assets, including newspaper products, digital products, and digital marketing services.
- Ability to mentor direct reports
- Understands pipeline management, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios
- Effectively communicates accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue
- Creates effective, formal sales activity metrics for staff
- Understands methodology for goal setting and holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics
- Has an in-depth knowledge of accounts, prospects and advertising revenue potential in-market and establishes aggressive but realistic goals for staff
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs, and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
- Above all else, thrives in meetings with top advertising customers, and has a record of achievement growing and retaining revenue from top accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, marketing or equivalent job experience
- Must be comfortable interfacing with, reporting, and presenting to senior management
- Minimum of 2-4 years sales management experience, preferably in the media and/or newspaper environment.
- Digital advertising experience preferred
Capital Newspapers offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, STD and LTD, matching 401k plan, PTO)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Outstanding marketing support and a culture of teamwork
APPLY ONLINE: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oCgf7fwY&s=Editor&Publisher
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Capital Newspapers organization is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice.