MDDC Advertising Services (the advertising arm of the MDDC Press Association) is looking for an Advertising Sales Director to join its management team.
The Advertising Sales Director works directly with the Executive Director to set advertising goals and execute the advertising sales program of MDDC, including actively selling the program. This position directly supervises the Media Buyer/Bulk Advertising Account Manager. The Advertising Sales Director works collaboratively with contractors and staff to help fulfill the overall mission of the association.
- Solicits new advertising clients, regularly making cold calls and presentations to new and existing newspaper advertisers.
- Develops relationships and contacts with advertising decision-makers and presents information promoting the value of newspaper products and MDDC services to advertising agencies, PR firms, direct clients, and all other potential customers, increasing revenue to member newspapers and MDDC.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales and marketing plan for the MDDC advertising department and achieving collaboratively set goals. This includes developing a strong pipeline of advertising leads, use of CRM database and other technology.
- Maintains and develops positive relationships with MDDC member organizations: frequently calls on current advertising customers, taking care of their needs to retain and grow their business.
- Solicits and develops testimonials to use in sales letters, house ads, etc.
- Helps develop house ads for member publications to use, and in MDDC publications.
- Solicits advertising for MDDC publications and sponsorships for annual conference and events.
REPRESENTS NEWSPAPERS IN MARYLAND, DELAWARE & DC:
- Solicits and accepts speaking engagements to promote news media advertising.
- As needed, works with Executive Director and the Advertising Committee to provide input on and plan ad conferences, seminars, etc.
- Works closely with accounting to solve billing discrepancies and collect bad debts.
- Gives support and provides information to member newspapers and clients as requested.
- Is an active part of the MDDC team, helping as needed and where appropriate; developing ideas for new revenue streams.
- Attends MDDC conference to meet and network with member advertising staffs and others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Cross trains in all ad staff positions to be prepared to fill in as needed.
- Attends appropriate seminars and conferences to improve ad and sales knowledge and skills.
- Degree in advertising or marketing preferred
- Five+ years’ experience in sales (digital and display / insert print experience required)
- Proven record of developing leads and growing sales
- Experience preparing and delivering written and oral sales presentations in person and through webinars and phone calls
- Technologically proficient in a PC environment with knowledge of:
- Windows/Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint)
- Eblast software, such as MailChimp
- CRM Databases
- Webinar software, such as joinme
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Email cover letter and resume to Rebecca Snyder, firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30, 2019. No phone calls please.